Pages

Tuesday 16 March 2021

#WynonnaEarp - Fan Appreciation Post

Welcome back to another addition of Wynonna Earp Therapy! Today its all about the fans, each and every amazing one!

I've already touched on this briefly in my last post but seriously, I've never known anything like the Wynonna Earp Fandom - AKA Earpers! The lengths and depths they will go to for this show is nothing shy of phenomenal. As already explained, I only just found this show a few months ago so have been spending a lot of time recently researching it's journey, watching interviews online, listening to podcasts (yes I'm obsessed, hence the need for this therapy blog 😊) and what has been abundantly clear throughout all of this obsessive research is that the fans will literally fight to the actual DEATH for this show.....and I'm not even joking!! 

If you hadn't heard already, the show was recently cancelled by Syfy and the fans are currently on a mission to help find a new network to #BringWynonnaHome - but this isn't the first time the fans have fought like this. The show almost didn't get the amazing 4th season we are currently revelling in. Reading the stories about how the Earpers rallied together are inspirational, taking over twitter with #FightForWynonna, fundraising amongst themselves for Bill-Boards on Times Square.....like SERIOUSLY!!! It's immensely beautiful the love they have for this show, its Cast and Crew. So I'm keeping everything crossed they can do it again.....if anyone can it's Earpers! They deserve it, every single one of them.

Not only do they fight hard for what they love, from the short experience I've had as an Earper, they're all soooooo bloody nice! It's gross (joke), it's so refreshing to see twitter filled with so much support and love, not only for the show they all adore, but for each other, and newbies like myself. Twitter is notorious for negative experiences, you read about it regular, I've had a few run ins myself with 'keyboard warriors' and it's exhausting. You also hear about fandoms that are full of egos and arguments about who is the biggest fan etc. Earpers (from my short experience) are nothing like that. They're all always willing each other on, checking in with each other, even offering to help other fandoms get their show trending (which by the way wasn't met with the same response in return - point proven). And don't even get me started on the fan art I've seen floating around - seriously impressive stuff!

Anyway, I'm rambling as usual, what I'm basically trying to say is, this show is brilliant, Emily Andras is perfection, the writers are superb, the cast are all exquisite and the crew including every single person behind the camera are simply flawless. However, Earpers are the reason the show is so alive, everyone involved in creating it wouldn't have the drive and passion they do if they didn't feel the love and appreciation from the fans, so for that I say thank you. Without you all at the beginning creating fan accounts on social media, running fan podcasts (I'm looking at you Bonnie & Kevin, the original Earpers!), organising fan led Earper Con's around the world, the list goes on. Plus all the fans that have joined along the way, we wouldn't have what we have today without any of you. Personally I'm grateful, and I know for a fact many other people are too.

Keep the fight going. We're all in this together now and always! #WynonnaEarp #BringWynonnaHome




No comments:

Post a Comment