Pages

Sunday 11 April 2021

#WynonnaEarp - Writers Appreciation Post

How on Earth do I start this therapy session.....I've got so much to say after this weekend (for those living under a rock - Friday was the Season 4 finale of Wynonna Earp....yea I said Season, what you gonna do about it) I have so many feelings, so many words and so many thanks to give. So so many. Soooooooo many! But this post isn't about that, I'll save those feelings for another day. Today is about a group of amazing people that have given us so much.

My first appreciation post was to all the amazing Fans, but this one is all about the writers of this magically wonderful Shit Show of theirs (ours). However how does one fully thank and acknowledge the true brilliance of the Emily Andras writing dream team. I can't... it's impossible. I'm not a writer, I don't and won't ever fully understand the blood, sweat and tears - not to mention heart and soul - that goes into what they do and the talent they have. 

What I do know is that they make it look so effortless, the end result is perfection, the main story arc across each season flows brilliantly with the individual stories for each character. They write this show in such a way that it makes it easy for you to go back and watch it again and find so much more you didn't notice first time around. So many small nods and details to link future stories which shows how good they are. They don't just write and tell the story of one episode at at time, or even one season, they plan ahead, always thinking of everything so there's nothing too random, everything links in some way. They also know how to make you soooooo happy you could burst while also breaking your heart into a million pieces, literally in one scene. The end of 4x06..... need I say more! 

Alongside all the complex story and character progressions, how they then also manage to throw in totally random yet perfectly fitting episodes is beyond me - for example a Gnome seeking a replacement for his destroyed (literally smashed to pieces) wife Monique...I mean seriously..... some people may ask 'WHY?' (who are you and why are you asking stupid questions) however all I ask is 'HOW?' - also for the record, that episode is full of some of my favourite WynHaught moments and one liners...."Shut up with your mouth" "Tell Waverly I love her! - Sure, Make me look like an asshole" "Guaca-cuse me" "Well, that's very narrow-minded Nicole! Love is Love" Oh I could go on, trust me, just watch it already - actually if you haven't seen it yet, what the hell are you doing here.... get on it, immediately!! 

Where was I, I've distracted myself.....

Oh yea - I remember, I was gushing (eurgh, hate that word) about the Top Shelf brilliance of the creators that gave us the above examples I distracted myself with. They are brilliant, I know I've said that already but it's worth repeating. They provide us with stories we can laugh at, we can cry at, lose ourselves in, escape our own realities while also feeling completely seen and believed in, they go against the grain, changing the narrative in so many ways. Pushing boundaries to ensure the fans get what they want and deserve. They understand that the underdogs deserve to shine and that true representation matters. No actually thats unfair, they don't just understand it, they thrive and excel at it. At times it makes you question how we got so lucky, and how we deserve them. The stars truly did align with this team. Personally I can't thank them enough, my words aren't enough but they're all I've got.

Thank you for 4 excellent seasons, 49 fantastic episodes, for all the laughs and the tears, I sincerely hope we get more, in whatever way possible

In the words of Tim "I'm not saying goodbye, I'm saying Thank you"

Thank you Emily Andras

Thank you Alexandra Zarowny

Thank you Brendon Yorke

Thank you Caitlyn D Fryers

Thank you Christin Hanly

Thank you James Hurst

Thank you John Callaghan

Thank you Matt Doyle

Thank you Noelle Carbone

Thank you Ramona Barckert

Thank you Shelley Scarrow


No comments:

Post a Comment