Pages

Thursday 29 September 2011

Music: Artist vs Song

This is a personal pet peeve of mine and I see it happen all the time,
most recently on Twitter. Since when did people start rating music based on the artist? I'm a huge music fan, MUSIC, yea that's right, personally I don't give a dam who writes or sings the song, to me it's all about the music and the lyrics, not who's behind them. There's too much hate in this world, over the most ridiculous of things.

I saw on twitter just yesterday, real venomous messages going backwards and forwards between One Direction fans and JLS fans, I'm not a fan of either of the bands, but I've still downloaded songs from both of them, because for me it is, and always should be about the music! Why make it so personal, if you genuinely don't like a song then fine, move on, but there's too many people abusing the music because of personal feelings towards the singers, thats just sad, it upsets me. I really don't like Will Young, have no idea why, it's just one of those things you can't explain, but his new song 'Jealousy' is great and I've downloaded it, just because I don't like him doesn't mean he isn't talented or doesn't release great music! Maybe it's an age thing, a poster of Meatloaf isn't going to be hanging on a 15 year olds bedroom wall is it, or Three Doors Down - Here Without You as a ringtone?? Hmmm Shame though!

In my opinion you should listen to a song, or piece of music without knowing the artist before making your judgment. The most annoying sentence you could say to me is 'Skip that song, I dont like them' ARGH!!! Does it matter what you think of 'Them' listen to the bloody song!
If you put my iPod on shuffle the outcome is immense, it's a library of musical masterpieces. And that's how it should be! Lyrics are the most important thing, I like to get lost in the story being told.
This rule also applies to films, books, TV shows etc, in my view you shouldn't judge a piece of art because of a judgement you've already made on an actor, writer, artist. It's unfair, and just illogical!

No comments:

Post a Comment